Friday, May 17, 2013

First Post for One of the Jews


Welcome to our blog and my first post. If you want to learn more about me and my creds, please check out my profile.

And we begin...

We decided to start off with a highly acclaimed/rated wine Bazelet HaGolan Reserve Merlot 2007.

We began by carefully opening the bottle with the finest of corkscrews so we did not leave any cork floaties in the wine. We let the wine open for about 12 minutes before tasting. After tasting, we decided to commence drinking and finish the bottle.

Here are some of the bare bones:

Nose*: Yes, there was one! I found the nose to be pleasing but I have not clue about the hint (or maybe  it is I have no hint about a clue). Ok, I am kidding, there was a hint of a berry of some sort. I would venture to say that it is either a boysenberry or raspberry.
Color: Red....semi translucent and clings nicely to the glass...also known as the meniscus suggesting a lighter wine.
Length: Medium long. Super smooth beginning with a slight bite at the end, nothing to turn you away from this wine.
Tanins: Rather light and lightens up after opening up.

My Recommendations

Goes great with lamb burgers…even if you eat the burgers an hour before you drink the wine. You might even want to try it with a nice thick juicy steak (preferably at the same time).

The wine's flavor while solid, however, does not erupt ;) as one would expect from a grape grown in a volcanic basalt.

I have plenty of positive sentiment of the fact that there was no sediment.

Price: $$$ About 50 bucks per bottle

BOTTOM LINE: Nice wine, a little pricey for the money but if you are buying it to impress someone (who does not have to chip in), you will not go wrong. It would be a much better value around $20 per bottle.



I Give It....











*Please note that we are using the latest terminology (not the previous term...bouquet) for more than just the obvious reason...it is the latest term.




No comments:

Post a Comment