Sunday, February 16, 2014

The other Jew asks Is a reserve worth the money

Today we tasted two wines a regular Herzog Cabernet and a Herzog special reserve Cabernet. The wine details are as follows 2009 Herzog Cabernet Sauvignon Central valley $12.49 vs. 2009 Herzog special reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander valley $42.99 These wines were both very enjoyable. Both smooth with decent fruit and low tannins. They both had a delightful fruity nose but not as much followed thru on the tongue. They were defiantly not what I would call big bold California Cabs, but enjoyable none the less. Now as you can see I have only written one review. That is because the differences were so stuble as to be almost invisible. With a thirty dollar price difference I find that troubling. As I've said in the past to me a great wine is delicious and affordable. In this case I would definitely stick with the regular Cabernet and not spend the extra money on the reserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment